Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 1 Report

Food report for day one!
The Silk creamer was good in my coffee. Not as good as my usual International Delight, but I probably need to scale back on my creamer anyway.  I’ve gotten enough comments like “would you like a little coffee with your cream?” ;-)

 I had soy yogurt for breakfast with homemade strawberry syrup – it was a bit too sweet, so I can probably omit the extra sugar next time. Francisco made a tofu scramble for his breakfast, and I had it for lunch. It had tofu, onions, garlic, spinach, and mushrooms.  It was pretty good. He cooked it in the morning while I was working out in the living room – I swear, my eyes felt sensitive all day from that onion and garlic smell filling the house.  I had vegan apple pie to snack on and dinner was extra yummy. 

Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chik'n

I had picked up some Vegan Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels the last time I was at Trader Joe’s, and these are super yummy.





Inspired by this product, dinner was Asian-inspired with Vegetable Spring Rolls, brown rice, and baby broccoli. 

Day 1 Dinner

I had actually just tried orange chik’n for the first time ever recently when I went to Vegan Mania in Chicago. The food there was superb; it would be awesome to have that kind of restaurant variety in my current town.  Sadly, there aren’t any vegetarian restaurants here and definitely not a vegan one. Needless to say, I don’t expect to go out to eat very often, if at all, in the next few weeks. Unless I end up making a trip up to Chicago.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment