Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 1 - Missing the Weekend Already

Wow, one day in and I already feel like I'm starving!  I did have a really fat weekend though. Which consisted of this giant calzone from Three Wise Men Brewing Company while visiting a friend in Indy. 


This was seriously like a large pizza folded in half.

Dessert was another calorie bomb when we stopped at Parcha Sweets and I had a Blueberry Streusel cupcake and a Cuatro Leches dessert.  I love Tres Leches cake, so I was excited to try this.  It was soooo good!


OK, so that is a far cry from my meals on Monday. I had some papaya and Greek yogurt for breakfast.
We got a fresh papaya when we stopped at Whole Foods over the weekend. These things look um...less than appetizing...on the inside.  


I was supposed to be limiting processed foods...but that's not like an OFFICIAL rule...so I had this vegetable lasagna for lunch. 

I
I generally take a multi-vitamin along with a flaxseed oil supplement during lunch.


I know that I regularly take less than recommended - I usually just pop a pill or two - but I stopped to read the serving size to take the actual recommended amount. 2 flaxseed oil supplements...which isn't so bad, but SIX of these little guys. That's a lot to swallow!  Ugh, I might need to explore other brands when it's time to buy new vitamins - but it is so hard to find these supplements without gelatin!


Dinner consisted of way too many vegetables for my liking - potatoes, peppers, and green beans - and could have used a splash more flavor.

I had just enough calories for half a serving of homemade vegan strawberry shortcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment