Monday, February 25, 2013

Healthy Rules

I considered doing a cleanse, such as this Whole Living Action Plan that I read about in a magazine, but I decided to just build my own Get Healthy plan. This way I can customize it to my own needs (plus, I am worried I will feel like I'm STARVING if I do a cleanse. I think I might try it some other time though...).   

So, here are my rules for the Three Week Get Healthy Challenge

1. My daily calorie intake will average 1,200 calories. I consulted a few different websites, including this Healthy Weight Forum to get an idea of the number of calories I should consume. I decided I would set a goal of losing 3 lbs in 3 weeks, so this came out to just over 1,200 calories a day. 

2. I will eat 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of vegetables per day.

3. I will participate in 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise each week, including muscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days per week. 

4. I will allow for 1-2 splurge meals each week. That will be a maximum of six cheat meals over a three-week period (although I'm hoping to get by with less!).

5. I will keep an exercise and food log regularly.

Those are the general rules. I am also going to try to avoid processed foods as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment