Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 1

So, day 1 began with Francisco running out to McDonald's to pick up breakfast in an attempt to save time while I was getting ready for work. He brought home a small Caramel Latte for me and a Vanilla one for himself along with 2 hashbrowns and 2 Egg McMuffins.  That was probably a little more food than I needed to start the day.  All in all, my calorie count for breakfast was near 700. Generally, I consume about half as many calories in the morning. I'll usually have coffee with creamer - prepared at home and taken in to work in a travel mug - and some yogurt with fruit for breakfast around 10:00 AM.


For lunch, we walked over to Potbelly on campus in my deceptively comfortable-looking sandals. I had a blister forming by the time I got back to work. We shared a Skinny Mushroom Melt - in an attempt to make-up for that extravagant breakfast. ;-) We also grabbed a couple bags of chips to eat as snacks later. I usually take a break at work around 3:00 PM and munch on something then, but when 3:00 rolled around, I wasn't terribly hungry. I ate half of a bag of Baked! Lay's - bringing the afternoon calorie count up to 310, which is about average for me if not a little less. 

I am definitely one of those people who can spend too much time mulling over where I want to go to eat. So, the afternoon was punctuated with various text messages between me and Francisco.

Him: Fazoli's?
Me: Anywhere Mexican sound good?
Him: Don Pablo's? How good is Mexican leftovers?
Me: Depends on what it is...
Him: Well, pick one.
Me: Copper Dog?
Me: Sgt. Preston's?

He was in class by this point so I never got a response, but we ended up going with his original suggestion of Fazoli's once we left Purdue. I ordered the cheesy baked ziti and he ordered the fettucine alfredo. We both intended to just eat half so we could save the rest of our meal to have for lunch the next day. And I somehow managed to restrain myself and only eat two breadsticks.

That's a sign that's nice to see.

Total calories for the day were around 1,700, and I spent a total of about $15.00 on my meals (Francisco's not included). Not bad, eh?


2 comments:

  1. Are you calorie-counting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one ofthe variables I'm tracking for this experiement, yes.

    ReplyDelete