Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two Weeks Down!

Two weeks down and one more to go. 

This weekend I encountered the dreaded buffet on a family outing to celebrate my mom's birthday, which comes a day before my parents' wedding anniversary. They celebrate 27 years of being together this year. :) I spent the weekend in my hometown, which at least allowed for me to get a little more restaurant variety.  As far as the buffet went, I over-indulged like I was fairly certain I would. I had no intent to hold back. And this is why I try to just avoid buffets to the extent possible. However, with so many different palates in our family, it is often safer to go with an all-inclusive option like this. It usually causes the least amount of disagreement. I could have jotted down a list of every single item I wrote, and then painstakingly tallied up the calories after the fact, but I decided to just round out the calories for that meal to 2,500.  Considering my plate(s): macaroni and cheese, tacos, french fries, pizza, garlic bread, fudge, Oreo pudding, etc. - 2,500 might be somewhere in the ball park of what I actually consumed.

Two weeks in and there is a clear winner as far as most popular restaurant: Starbucks! In two weeks, I have consumed approximately 3,600 calories worth of Starbuck's fare, spending nearly $60 at the restaurant. That is a lot of money to be spending on breakfast, but they have fast service and a high-quality product, plus they're like a block away from my apartment, so they're a very convenient stop in the morning.   

I've averaged just over 2,000 calories a day, and I've spent about $16 a day. So, not a lot of difference from the week 1 checkpoint (http://21dayslater-tab.blogspot.com/2011/09/almost-through-week-one.html). No significant change in weight - in fact, my last weigh-in had me at exactly my pre-experiment weight.     

No comments:

Post a Comment