Thursday, November 8, 2012

Over Halfway There!

I have been vegan for over a week and a half now, so I am halfway to my goal!  I think I will be going out to eat for the first time tonight.  I’ve Googled vegan-friendly restaurants in the area, and the strongest contender seems to be Thai restaurants.  I emailed Thai Essence just to make sure and received this response,
“Dear Tabi[t]ha ,
Basically, anything on the menu with the tofu option, they are suit[able] for vegan[s]. Some exceptions are Salad, Tom Yum, and Tom Kha soups (Dressing ma[de] with fish sauce). Also we could serve as vegan without fish sauce.
When you come to Thai Essence, please let your waiters know you are a vegan. She or he will help you to reach your diet restriction.”
Sounds promising…and it’s been a while since I’ve had Thai…plus, I’m pretty sure this is a new-ish restaurant around here that I haven’t been to, and I love trying new things!

I’ve been almost exclusively eating leftovers for lunch, but today I had Amy’s Baked Ziti Bowl, which is entirely non-dairy.  I’ve loved all of Amy’s products and eat them for lunch fairly regularly. I believe that all of their products are vegetarian-friendly, and they have a handful of vegan options as well. 
On average, I’ve been consuming between 1,300-1,400 calories a day. I find myself wanting to eat more, but it’s more because I have a craving for a Reese’s peanut butter cup or pizza or something. Since I can’t have those items, I *may* consider having another Pumpkin Oatmeal cookie, but I’ve been eating them all week, so I don’t really *want* another one unless I’m really hungry. So, I guess this way of life kind of works to control over-eating. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment