Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Healthy(ish) Meals

I've gotten into a pretty good flow with this diet...this means that I don't go to bed hungry EVERY night.  I've been tracking my calories pretty carefully, so I know exactly how much dinner I can have.  Sometimes this means I have nothing but seitan and baby broccoli for dinner. 


I had this Roasted Vegetable Pizza for dinner last week. It only had 150 calories, and it was pretty darn tasty. It was a product I had picked up from Whole Foods when we were vegan for three weeks, so it had been sitting in the freezer for a while looking decidedly less appealing next to its cheesier brethren.


It had vegetables though, so it could at least help me hit my veggie quota for the day!  I was about to dig in and then I had a duh moment and reminded myself that I'm not vegan anymore! So, I added 100 calories worth of shredded Muenster cheese on top for a little extra flavor.  


Avoiding processed foods was an objective but not an official goal of these healthy days. I've incorporated a lot of whole fruits and vegetables into meals, but occasionally, I won't have leftovers from the night before to eat for lunch, so it's just more convenient to heat up a frozen meal at work. I've only had Amy's frozen meals though, and while they're probably still considered processed, their products are all vegetarian and usually include organic ingredients. Definitely could be worse. 


Occasionally, I finish dinner and even have a few spare calories for dessert...like this delicious homemade Coconut Orange Bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment