Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Homemade Burgers & Bacon

I think one of the problems with eating healthy is it can get BORING. So, we've tried to mix it up by trying new recipes.  This weekend we made homemade veggie burgers using a recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. 

Here are all the ingredients:

Cooking:





Yummy veggie burger: 


We also made some homemade sweet potato fries:

 

I don't even like sweet potatoes usually, but these weren't half-bad. The burger was good when we made it Saturday, but we were going to have the leftovers for dinner on Monday, and it just wasn't tasting good to me.  Tasted fine to Francisco though. I opted for a TLT - similar to a BLT with Tempeh bacon subbed in. 

We had made homemade tempeh bacon to have for breakfast Sunday. I had it with a poached egg and some grapes. I think the flavor was a little overpowering when it's served by itself, but in a sandwich, the flavors mellow out and meld together. The jury's still out on whether I like tempeh or not; I guess it really just depends on how it's prepared. 


I also gave in and decided to have my second cheat meal on Sunday afternoon.  We ordered Indian and tried the Malai Kofta with Paneer Naan.  Both items I've never tried before, and both were very yummy!  Our order wasn't ready on time, so they threw in an order of Gulab Jamun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment