Thursday, February 20, 2014

Entering the Final Phase of Juicing

We are officially in the final phase of juicing!  And we have some fun stuff to play with. :) Some of the products we'll be trying this week include pomegranates, mangosteen, collard greens, and swiss chard. I'm pretty certain I've never purchased collard greens before, and I don't think I've ever even touched a mangosteen
I've been juicing for lunch lately because I've had some yogurt that was due to expire, so I figured I'd eat breakfast and then drink lunch for a few days. This Zesty Green Smoothie included collard greens, green apples, carrots, and gingerroot. There was also supposed to be cucumber, but I belatedly realized this. :-P And there was also supposed to be cilantro, but I thought we already had some, so I hadn't put it on the list for our grocery trip last night. Instead we had parsley, so I substituted with that. 
I think it was still a pretty healthy drink despite my edits. :-P That is way more fresh produce than I would consume on a "normal" day. 
I think juicing for lunch has actually been working out great.  I had a bigger breakfast than I normally would - a Banana Bread English Muffin with some Cinnamon Raisin Granola Mix peanut butter and a little bit of jelly along with the last cup of Yoplait Peppermint Bark yogurt. After finishing my juice, I felt completely satiated for a few hours really.  I just had a couple of cookies for a snack, but I'm not even feeling terribly hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment