Tuesday, February 4, 2014

To Juice or Not to Juice?

The juicer that my brother got my husband and I for Christmas has surprisingly been getting a fair amount of use. I think I was a little intimidated by juicing at first, but the fact remains that I really need to make a point to get more nutrients in my regular diet. So, I think *deep breath* that I'm going to commit to doing a juice cleanse.
I've been reading The Juice Generation - it came in my January PopSugar Must Have box, and it couldn't have been better timing! This was the final element to make me finally decide "it is time". I checked out a few blogs to see how others have fared in their forays into juicing, and everything seems encouraging.  
There may be some withdrawal symptoms depending on how 'toxic' my normal diet is. Considering my normal diet, yeah, I fully expect a couple of headaches and irritability, but these effects are short-term, and the boost in energy and clear-headedness seems worth it.  I love the idea of providing my body with concentrated doses of nutrients that are light on the digestive system. The goal is improved health and well-being, not weight loss. Chances are most people will drop some weight while juicing, but this is just an added bonus.  So, let the juicing quest begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment