Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Juicing Cleanse, Day 1

For breakfast, I had a Watermelon, Pineapple, Lime Juice. Tasty but I was definitely feeling the hunger pangs come lunch time. I did a light Pilates workout in the morning and tried to take the day kind of slowly. 
My husband was working from home because the roads are pretty bad around town with the snowfall we had last night, so we got to experience the first day of juicing together.

Lunch was a little more ambitious, and we included more vegetables.  It still was tasty overall though. Not an hour past lunch, and I was already hurtin' for some more food though.
It wasn't too long after lunch before I decided it was time for a snack, so we had a Watermelon, Orange, Cucumber juice.  This juice ended up being kind of a light tan color - not as pretty as the other juices we've made so far. 
When I'm consuming the juice, I feel good. It's refreshing, not at all heavy, and you can really feel good about yourself. But that feeling fades away once your glass is empty, and you just want some pizza.  Francisco came out of the guest bedroom where he's set up his office for the day and announced that he thinks he's crashing. I think we're both feeling some caffeine withdrawal effects since we both generally start our day with a cup or two.  I have a dull ache in the back of my head, and I think he's feeling similarly.

As it neared dinner time and Francisco stopped working for the day, we made some Celery, Carrot, Spinach Juice. This had a very strong celery taste. Which could be good if you like celery. I don't like celery. I think I was sipping on this one for close to an hour. 
Finally, we whipped up one final Carrot, Orange, Kale juice for dinner. Definitely better than the pre-dinner juice. That single orange makes such a huge difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment