Friday, February 7, 2014

Juicing...Fail??

I wish I had a more inspirational message to share at the end of our 48-hour juice cleanse, but sadly, I barely succeeded. My breakfast juice was tasty enough yesterday, but I found that I just couldn't make it through lunch.  It was the exact same lunch I'd had the day before - Spinach, Parsley, Beet, Apples, Pear, and Carrots, but I just couldn't stomach it all of a sudden. I still had a nearly full glass at the end of lunch so I put it in the fridge...and had a couple sips an hour or so later...and then an hour or so after that.  But my palate had apparently had all it could take.  I never finished my second glass of juice for the day.
I'd juiced some beet then some greens then more beet, so it came out with cool layers. :)
In a way, I felt like a child that's told 'you can't have anything else to eat until you finish all the vegetables on your plate'. So, I just stopped eating. Which isn't good. And wasn't the point of this at all.

We decided we would eat dinner at 6:00 to put us roughly at the 48 hour mark.  So, Francisco picked up some grub from Loving Hut, which is one of the two vegan restaurants in town. I decided to have the Raw Taco Supreme, so it still meshed well with the raw diet I'd been on for the past two days.  This was an organic hemp and flax seed shell, filled with organic sun-dried tomato-pinenut-walnut-sunflower seed sauce, organic greens, avocado and veggies, topped with raw sour cream.  Everything I've had from this place has been super tasty - and they possibly have the best burger I've ever had in my life. 
So, I made it 48ish hours. There's a possibility I might have had a couple of cookies after 6:00 PM on Tuesday, but it was close enough. I'd barely consumed anything all day, so I really needed to eat something that night. The original intent was to complete the night and start the morning fresh, but eh, close enough, right? 

Well, the good part is I lost 4-5 pounds just in those two days. Again, not the point, and sure, the weight loss was an expected little perk, but I fully expected to be drinking more juice.

I started the morning with an Orange, Pineapple, Spinach juice. Very tasty. I'm thinking this part of the juicing experience will be much easier...well, maybe until we get to Phase 3. :-P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment