Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Juicery

During the weekends, I tend to have more indulgent breakfasts, but Saturday morning I had an Apple, Orange, Spinach juice and Sunday I had TropiKale (Pineapple and Kale). For me, the easiest meal to replace is breakfast, so I will probably stick with that throughout these three weeks.  I love spinach for adding some 'green' to your juice. It has such a mild flavor that you really can't even taste it. Kale, however, is not for the faint of heart. This was a hold-your-nose while you swallow kind of drink because to me, it smelled like dirt and B.O., which is not appetizing at all.  I read that kale is sometimes considered only for advanced juicers, and now I understand why! You really have to have a well-rounded palate for kale juice!
While I struggled to finish my TropiKale (I made it through the full cup!), my husband had his own issues. He was finishing up the leftover beets and celery, and the fruit he had added into his juice wasn't improving the flavor too much.  He's a trooper - much better than me, and he downed it pretty quickly though.
I have so far learned to avoid beets, celery (I don't like celery as a food, and it has a strong 'celery' flavor when added to juice), and kale. All fruits have been winners. And carrots are a winner, too, surprisingly. I don't like carrots as a food, but it has a much milder taste when incorporated with other fruits.

Saturday night we made some fresh juice and blended it with frozen strawberries and tequila to make some fresh margaritas. We toasted to my sweet kitty Zharo's third birthday. :) We also made cake in his honor, LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment