Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The End of Phase 1 of Juicing

Over the weekend, we re-stocked our produce supply. This is really just to get us through about half the week and wrap up Phase 1. For Phase 2, we will be moving into more 'green' territory. *Gulp.* I'm going to try to anyway. 
We experimented with a couple of different ingredients this week, nothing too exotic, but products I can say I've never purchased before. Yesterday's breakfast juice was Apple Zing with three apples, an inch of fresh gingerroot, and half a lemon. I've tried ginger before, but never fresh. It really did add a spice to the juice and brought more depth to a simple breakfast. 
This morning's new ingredient was fresh mint, mixed in with some pineapple, grapefruit, and orange.  The grapefruit and mint made for for a tart but tasty breakfast. 
Phase 1 has been quite a journey. I had a mini-fail on the second day of my juice cleanse, but I didn't let that hold me back from moving forward.  From day 0 to today, I'm down three pounds. And I think that juicing has been influencing me to make better decisions. I've done better workouts in the past two days than I've done in months. I've been keeping an eye on portion sizes and aiming to stop eating BEFORE I'm full to give my body time to process what I'm putting into my system.  I ended up not counting calorie intake like I had planned to do. There was information for some juiced produce out there, but it was turning into a bit of a hunt to find everything, so I'm just trying to eat reasonably. Honestly, calorie counting has always been the most successful method for me to control my weight, but I will see how this works out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment