Thursday, February 6, 2014

Juicing Complaints

Something weird happened last night. I couldn't even get through my last juice of the evening.  I mean, what doesn't sound delicious about a Carrot, Orange, Kale juice, right? It started off okay, but I was slowly sipping at it and then just gave up. We decided to turn in early for the night since juicing can take a lot out of you and it's recommended that you get a lot of rest. But I started to feel really sick, like kind of a bad hangover. I ended up taking a couple of Advil because I had a pretty rockin' headache by this point and I felt kind of nauseous. Oddly enough, I didn't really feel the least bit hungry.

Francisco and I have both failed to experience that surge of energy many people have when they commit to juicing.  He had commented yesterday that maybe we should have done the juicing cleanse at the end of the 21 days instead of the beginning. Yeah, that kinda makes a lot of sense. But it is what it is now.  Over 24 hours in, so definitely over halfway there.  But I've decided if I start to feel anywhere near as ill as I felt last night, I  may just wrap the cleanse up early.

Reading through some FAQs from Raw Food Life, this isn't unusual. Juicing can make you feel worse before you feel better, because your body has the opportunity to get rid of some toxins. As you discard these stored up toxins, you might have headaches, experience cold or flu symptoms, or just feel weak and exhausted. All these toxins in your bloodstream suddenly are like an attack of a virus or infection, and your immune system may react to them in the same way. You're body is going through a healing and cleansing process, and it's advised that you take some time to rest and look forward to improved health and energy ahead.  
 
Francisco messaged me this morning to complain about how hungry he was, and that he's down to just one more big juice for lunch. He commented that it's "nice to avoid that feeling of being stuffed and sluggish...but I think its been replaced with being hungry, headachy, and sluggish."  Honestly, I don't feel as hungry as I thought I would, but far more headachey than I expected.

But I'm still going to go 'strong' until I officially give up, so this morning began with an Orange, Apple, Spinach juice.  And I think I'm going to take today reallly easy if I have any chance of getting through the last day of this cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment